Over the last month or so, work has been pretty good for me. I’ve managed to get through a couple of reasonable projects, one is about to wrap up and I’m currently working on an ASP.NET based Facebook application, which is new to me. Admittedly, the application isn’t really a stretch because I’m pretty much dumping a Flash application in to a Facebook canvas and doing a few simple database updates, but it’s still a chance to get a better handle on ASP.NET and the .NET framework as a whole.
It’s been very interesting entering the US and being exposed to the US at the organic level, ie. experiencing what US citizens experience first hand, rather than looking at it from the outside. Now, New Zealand has its fair share of racial tension. Almost 200 years after the fact, many Maori still feel robbed and deceived by the colonialists and settlers that arrived in the early 1800’s and promptly stole land from them. There are a considerable number of parallels between the the early history of New Zealand and the early history of the continental US. In both case, the aboriginal peoples were displaced by invading foreigners and land was stolen and sold to yet more foreigners.
This last week was an absolutely miserable effort on my part. After weeks of staying in close to 600, I finished this week with a measley 504. I was having problems get any kind of reaction out of my ball. I think I need to get it resurfaced again. I need to start taking real care of my equipment to make sure I get decent mileage out of all my equipment. At the end of the game, I switched to my Twisted Fury and sure enough I was getting a better, more consistent reaction out of it. The Arch Rival was my first ball and as such has had a lot more games put on it. Having said that, I think I need to rough the surface up a little on my Twisted Fury to get a more movement out of it.